Statistics you can use
Social media has taken the lead in marketing strategies, providing businesses with brand awareness, leads and sales. Social marketing offers a way to reach a large audience at a fraction of print media costs. Here is a quick overview of some 2016 social media statistics to consider as we look forward to the new year:
- 95% of all online adults ages 18-34 follow brands on social networks (source: MarketingSherpa).
- 71% of consumers are likely to recommend a brand to others if they have a positive service experience with a brand on social media (source: Ambassador).
- Globally there are 1.65 billion active social accounts and 1 million new social network users added every day (source: We Are Social).
- Content that is visual (photos or videos) is over 40 times more likely to be shared on social media (source: HubSpot).
- Facebook influenced 52% of consumer online and offline purchases in 2015, compared to 36% in 2014 (source: The Drum).
- Facebook has 40 million small business pages, yet only 2 million of these businesses advertise through Facebook (source: Brandwatch).
- 4.4 million videos were uploaded to Facebook in the month of February this year, which generated over 199 billion views (source: ReelSEO).
- On Twitter, 92% of all user interaction with tweets are link clicks (source: HubSpot).
- 90% of all Instagram users are under 35 (source: ScienceDaily).
- 56% of Instagram posts that tag a user have higher engagement rates, as well as 79% of posts tagged with a location (source: Simply Measured).
- Over half of all YouTube views are on mobile devices (source: YouTube).
- The average YouTube viewing session is over 40 minutes (source: YouTube).