Video marketing has taken social media by storm. More and more people are interested in watching a video than reading a blog or post. Here is some video data, and how you can add it to your marketing strategy.
- By 2020, 80% of all consumer internet traffic will be videos (CISCO).
- Facebook users are watching over 8 billion videos (100 million hours) every day (TechCrunch).
- Snapchat users are watching over 10 billion videos every day (Bloomberg).
- YouTube users are watching over 500 million hours of video every day (Business Insider).
Consumer Video Behavior
- Videos that last 2 minutes or less receive the most user response (Wistia).
- 65% of Facebook users who watch the first three seconds of a video will watch at least 10 seconds, while 45% will watch at least 30 seconds (Facebook).
- 55% of consumers pay more attention to video content compared to any other type of content (HubSpot).
- 85% of all Facebook videos are muted when watched (Digiday).
- Over 50% of all videos are watched on mobile devices (Ooyala).
- Almost all videos on Twitter (93%) are watched on mobile (Twitter).
Video & Engagement
- Facebook is the best platform for video, with 8.4x more impressions than other channels (Animoto).
- Videos on Facebook have 135% more organic reach compared to images (Socialbakers).
- On mobile alone, YouTube reaches more people over 18 than any cable network during prime-time TV hours (Google).
- Native Twitter videos receive 2.5x more replies, 2.8x more retweets, and 1.9x more favorites that videos that are shared from other sites (Twitter).
- Twitter videos are 6x more likely to be retweeted than pictures (Twitter).
Live Stream Videos
- Facebook users watch 3x more live video than uploaded video (Facebook).
- Live videos on Facebook receive 10x more comments than uploaded videos (Facebook).
- 80% of consumers prefer to watch live videos from brands than read their blog posts (Livestream).
- Brands that stream live events increase favorability by 63% (Twitter).
Looking for direction or ideas?
Katahdin Media Works can help you create videos that bring results- contact us today!